Seeking a receptionist to join our Family Health Team. The receptionist is key to the smooth and effective operation of the centre and is responsible for providing a professional and positive impact when greeting patients and visitors.
- Greet and register patients in a welcoming professional manner
- Maintain patient’s electronic medical record (EMR), review and update demographic information and validate health cards
- Handle all administrative duties in a timely manner including answering phones, booking patient appointments, sending faxes, sending referrals and notifying patients of appointments
- Complete data entry in an accurate manner, including scanning and incoming faxes
- Check and respond to physician messages in a timely manner
- Check cancellation line
- Receive, record and process payments
- Follow up on outstanding payments
- Scan faxes and reports into the EMR
- Keep office supplies stocked
- Follow office opening and closing procedures
ABILITIES & SKILLS
- Strong organization, time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent computer proficiency
- Ability to maintain client and clinic confidentiality
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and handle difficult situations in a clam manner
- Punctual, reliable, excellent communication and customer service skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology and proficiency with Practice Solutions EMR an asset
Please submit your resume and a cover letter describing your ability to meet these requirements to email@example.com.
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.