Exercise Classes in Delhi
Delhi Community Health Centre / Delhi Family Health Team, in partnership with Stonebridge and through funding by your Local Health Integration Network (HNHB LHIN) are providing exercise classes designed for adults over 55. Each class includes a variety of balance, flexibility, strength and endurance exercises. All exercises can be performed seated or standing.
Individuals of all levels of mobility and fitness are encouraged to join.
The exercise classes are held at:
- Delrose Retirement Residence, 725 Gibralter St. – Monday through Tuesday at 9:30am
- Delhi Legion, 249 Main St. – Monday, Wednesday & Thursday at 11:00am
- Delhi United Church, 105 Church St. W. – *Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday at 2:30pm
*Delhi United Church – a second class is held at 2:30pm on Tuesdays
All exercise classes are free, everyone is welcome, and no registration is required.
Do you have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)?
The Caring for my COPD program is a partnership brought to you by Delhi Community Health Centre (DCHC) and Grand River Community Health Centre (GRCHC). The program is designed for people diagnosed with COPD. The goal is to improve the overall health and management of those who suffer with this condition through exercise and education presented by a Certified Respiratory Educator (CRE).
Where: Delhi United Church, 105 Church Street W., Delhi, ON N4B 2M1
When: The first Wednesday of every month at 2:30pm
What we offer:
- Group and individual COPD education
- Group exercises and personalized exercise programs
- Review of your COPD Action Plan to support your efforts to better manage yor breathing difficulties
- Peer Support
- Smoking cessation counselling and support
- Personal counselling and spiritual support
Join us for a free community-based program, everyone is welcome.
Please call DCHC at 519-582-2323 ext. 247 or GRCHC at 519-754-0777 ext. 235 for more information.