WIC Registration Hours
- Tuesday 5:00 pm – 7:30 pm
- Thursday 5:00 pm – 7:30 pm
- Saturday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
The Delhi Community Health Centre Walk-In Clinics are open to everyone in our community. No appointment is required. On Tuesdays & Thursdays, a Pediatrician is available to see children 16 years old and under.
Due to a declining number of clinics offering walk-in services, we sometimes have high patient volume resulting in a heavy backlog, and at times it may be necessary to close the clinic early to accommodate patients registered earlier in the evening.
Children with pre-booked appointments in the pediatric walk-in clinic will be given priority over those arriving at the same time, but may not necessarily be seen at the exact time of their appointment.
The Walk-In Clinic Patient Code of Conduct
- Services are provided on a first come, first served basis.
- Physicians only provide acute/urgent care.
- Last patient registration is at 7:30pm.
- When clinic volume is increased, registration may close earlier than 7:30pm.
- Narcotic and/or controlled medications will NOT be prescribed.
- Prescription renewals will only be renewed for 1 (one) month.
- Emergent mental health crisis will be triaged to an appropriate emergency department.
- Injections will be done at the discretion of the attending MD. Under NO circumstances will allergy injections be administered.
- The clinic charges a fee for all sick/work and school absence notes based on guidelines set by the Ontario Medical Association.
- We expect patients to follow the posted policies when requesting our services. Violaters are subject to removal from the facility and maybe barred from using the services.
The following medical services are not appropriate for a walk-in clinic setting and therefore, will NOT be done. Please see your family physician for these services.
- No driver medicals, pre-op exams, annual exams, pap smears, well-baby, vaccinations and follow-up regarding diagnostic imaging or lab work.
- No requests for referrals or blood work.
- No completion of forms. Physicians do not have the time or the appropriate information needed to complete forms in the walk-in clinic. (Exception; WSIB forms will be completed when the completion of the form is related to the walk-in clinic visit in question).
- No second opinions of established health problems.
The following medical services are not appropriate for a pediatric walk-in clinic setting and therefore, will NOT be done.
- No visits for behavioural,developmental, ADHD or social problems. These visits are meant for scheduled office hour appointments.
- No counseling visits or any visits without the child present.
- No routine well child/baby, primary care check-ups, vaccinations or routine visits normally carried out by a family physician.
- No visits exclusively for Children’s Aid Society purposes or foster care procedures (e.g., child protection, completion of Health Assessment forms or any other CAS form).
- No visits for emergency care such as asthma attack, seizures, broken bones etc. Acute situations/medical emergencies need to be seen at the nearest hospital.
If you need medical procedures (sutures/staples, possible fracture or broken bones etc.) or this is a medical emergency, please go to your local hospital:
- Norfolk General Hospital, 365 West Street, Simcoe, ON. Tel: (519) 426-0750
- Tillsonburg District Memorial Hospital, 167 Rolph Street, Tillsonburg, ON. Tel: (519) 842-3611
- Brantford General Hospital, 200 Terrace Hill Street, Brantford, ON. Tel: (519) 751-5544